The selected candidate will be integrated in KORA’s Technical Experts team and will gradually be involved in all KORA scope.
· The Technical Expert is responsible for technical support and assistance, in what concerns to his expertise area, to KORA Projects full cycle, since identification, preparation, design, implementation, tests, commissioning and guarantee.
· Accountable for the results achieved in all projects, measured by the compliance with all Annual Objectives in terms of Delivery, Budget, Quality and Safety;
· Technical Expert is part of Technical Department, reports directly to Design Coordinator, directs and coordinates designers, consultants, contractors, and suppliers in his specific expertise area;
Main functions and responsibilities
· Guide projects to compliance with Kora objectives: Delivery, Budget, Quality and Safety;
· Technical Requirements definition to be included in the proposals to the Clients;
· Provide professional support to dialog with Client, Official Entities, Designers and Contractors;
· Close follow-up of design process, to get the best design, with the quality required, in a cost-effective way, timely manner;
· Participation in tender process, technical documentation preparation and bid analysis;
· Coordinate design issues, giving specific professional support to Project “owner” action, to meet with technical requirements and best practices.
· Close follow-up and supervision of construction process;
· Coordination and monitoring of systems tests, trial, starts and operation;
· Promote coordination, identify areas for improvement, share experience, knowledge, and harmonization between projects;
· Propose, implement and chases work best-practices and procedures;
· Provides expertise and guidance on cooling, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in different phases of a HVAC system development: design, construction, tests and commissioning, warranty;
· Conducts field studies on HVAC facilities; identifies, recommends, and tests strategies to solve problems and concerns;
· Researches and proposes expansion, upgrades, and/or necessary maintenance work required to maintain and improve infrastructure;
· Determines appropriate materials and equipment required for projects and facilities including choosing and comparing different types of HVAC systems, cooling, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, and plumbing, pumps, pipes, conduits, …;
· Reviewing drawings and schematics to verify that they meet industry standards and are technically accurate;
· Preparing detailed estimates of project costs, including labor requirements and material costs;
· Provides definition of HVAC interaction with BMS / GTC systems, and interact efficiently with other specialties: Hydraulics and electrical;
· Evaluates the energy efficiency of buildings and designing energy efficient systems for them;
. Conducts energy audits to identify opportunities for energy conservation and recommending solutions;
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanic Engineering required or another related engineer.
. Five years of related experience preferred.
· Minimum professional experience of 5 years in the position;
· Computer knowledge of (preferred):
o Proficient with Microsoft Office.
o Proficient with CAD software.
o Ms Project;
. BIM (Revit) appreciated.
· Results oriented;
· Team work spirit.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
. English and Portuguese written and spoken. French is appreciated.
Legal entity: Mitrelli Projects, Lda Angola