The CEO Advisor is expected to bring high level of knowledge and experience of managerial leadership in science museums/ centers, as well as business acumen, and ability to lead through change and growth.
This position should support the General Director, the Deputy Directors and Chief of Secretariat, guaranteeing full operational of the center for at least two years.
** Note that the position requires relocation to Angola.
· Work directly with government and municipal officials including ministers;
· Direct management of the employees working at the service company for the Center;
· Support the CEO of the center and different heads of departments;
· Analyzing financial reports;
· Be part of a recruitment and selection of candidates for management positions;
· It's important to stay up to date with information related to the world of science and museums around the world, following the news and taking part events;
· Support, training and advise new employees.
· Bachelor's / master’s degree in Science or History, Museum Studies;
· At least 5 years working in a science center/museum in managerial position, well familiar with principles and practices of museum management; laws, ordinances, policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and safety of museums, programs and facilities; methods, practices and procedures for collection care, and management of exhibits and educational programs; purpose, use and benefits of museums & cultural program activities; legal liabilities and responsibilities for museums & cultural program services;
· Ability to apply knowledge and techniques inherent to the natural sciences in creation of projects of a multiple nature;
· Capacity for reasoning, analysis and conceptual synthesis;
· Creative and innovative capacity;
· Strategic vision and excellent leadership skills;
· Fluent in Portuguese and English;
· Ability to project economic scenarios (assessment of cost, benefits and risks);
· Good communication skills, planning and organization;
· Establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and all stakeholders;
· Assuming management responsibilities and making appropriate decisions, while assuring compliance with department goals and objectives;
· Developing recommendations for improvements of museum programs and facilities;
· Effectively managing operations and delegating tasks and authority;
· Experience in managing and organizing science centers or museums, it’s a must;
· Training and management of teams in science center or museum, it’s a plus.
Legal entity: Mitrelli Projects, Lda Angola